Tucked away on the serene banks of the Murray River, Echuca Moama reveals a different hue in winter; a magical glow that unfailingly touches the hearts of everyone who visits.
At Rich River Golf Club, we like to consider ourselves as part of the pulsating centre of this winter wonderland. Offering the ideal balance of captivating scenery with unmatched hospitality, we are the perfect option for not only those who want to play golf in winter, but also those looking for exciting things to do in Echuca Moama.
Thanks to our vibrant sporting clubs, mini-golf options, premier function venues, affordable on-site accommodation and wonderful dining options, we are the ideal choice for winter holidays with families or romantic getaways in Echuca Moama.
In this article, we’ll explore some of the leading Echuca attractions and reasons to visit this heavenly corner of the state this winter.
1. Experiencing the Unique Winter Scenery
Echuca Moama’s winter canvas is nothing short of mesmerising. The fog-laden Murray River mirrors a fascinating kaleidoscope of nature’s beauty that changes from dawn to dusk. The silhouettes of native flora and fauna basking in the winter sun are also sure to add to the allure of your trip.
If you’re not ready to brace the waters on a peaceful kayaking adventure, there is a selection of wonderful, guided nature walks through our local reserves that offer immersive experiences to witness the unique winter wildlife – an educational delight for young explorers in your family.
2. Winter Activities: Experience Echuca Attractions in a New Light
This charming town has a winter itinerary that’s chock full of unique activities, including:
- Paddlesteamer & River Cruises: Hop on board and sail through time, enjoying the beauty of the Murray River while immersing in tales of a bygone era.
- Museums & Galleries: If you’re looking to duck out of the cold and open your mind to some culture and history, there are an array of options to discover, including the Chanter Estate Military Museum, Echuca Historical Society, the Port of Echuca Discovery Centre, Twisted Science, and The Great Aussie Beer Shed.
- Silo Art Trail: One of the favourite Echuca attractions year-round is travelling to see four of Victoria’s iconic silo and water tank art installations, with a trail including many other arts and cultural stops along the way.
- Riverside Winter Walks: If you’re interested in romantic getaways in Echuca, riverside walks in winter always take on a dreamy hue, with frost-kissed, Instagram-worthy landscapes aplenty.
- Horse Riding Tours: If you’re a bit more of a thrill-seeker, why not explore the rugged winter trails of the region at pace on a series of horse-riding tours available?
3. Tee-off in Winter at Rich River in Echuca Moama
A trip to Echuca Moama in winter isn’t complete without experiencing the thrill of winter golf at Rich River Golf Club. The cool, crisp air, the dew-kissed greens and the serenity add an entirely new dimension to the game. Our state-of-the-art courses cater to golfers of all levels. Plus, we offer great deals for families to enjoy a round of golf, making it a perfect way to create wonderful memories.
Our winter stay & play packages include:
River Golf Club Winter Deal
Available 1st June – 31st August
- 1 x Night Accommodation
- 1 x Round of Golf
- 1 x $20 Breakfast Voucher
- 1 x $20 Club Voucher
- Motorised Cart Hire
TRIPLE – $134pp / night
TWIN – $144pp / per night
SINGLE – $184pp / per night
Available seven days a week, excludes public holidays. Fri – Sat two-night minimum. Prices are subject to change without notice. Subject to availability. Rooms are not serviced for golf packages.
Golf on the Murray Winter Deal
Available 1st June – 31st August
- 2 x Night Twin Share Accommodation
- Unlimited Golf for 2 People
TWIN – $99pp / per night
Available seven days a week, excludes public holidays. Prices are subject to change without notice. Subject to availability. Bookings are a two-night minimum stay. The package is for a minimum of two people. Rooms are not serviced for golf packages.
4. Savour the Delicious Winter Menu at Rich River Golf Club
Rich River Golf Club caters to more than just those looking to play golf in winter. Guests can also enjoy a culinary retreat at our Café Lounge, Bistro or Sports Bar. Our chefs curate an exclusive winter menu that uses fresh, local produce to craft mouth-watering dishes. The heart-warming soups, welcoming roast of the day, a kid’s menu full of favourites, as well as a selection of irresistible desserts are all perfect antidotes to the winter chills.
And for the adults, the local wines and craft beers we offer will surely add a perfect finishing touch to your day out!
5. Luxurious Winter Accommodation Packages at Rich River Golf Club
Our Echuca Moama accommodation is designed to cocoon you in warmth and comfort. From spacious suites with picturesque river views to larger, cosy rooms perfect for holidays with families, we’ve got it all. Our winter holiday packages include great deals on these accommodation options, regardless of whether you’re here for romantic getaways, golf trips, or just need a place to rest after a long day of fun and exploration!
Speak with Our Friendly Team for More on Echuca Moama Attractions & Packages this Winter
Echuca Moama is a treasure trove of winter delights, with each element creating a symphony of unforgettable experiences. And at the heart of these experiences is the Rich River Golf Club, your ideal host for winter holidays with families. From exploring the winter wildlife and playing golf on some of the nation’s favourite courses, to the culinary delights and luxury accommodation options, we’ve got all the elements to craft your perfect winter story.
Book today or speak with our friendly team for more information.